I haven’t run a half marathon in quite a while, but tomorrow I’ll be doing the Disneyland Half. Should be an interesting run. The course takes us through teh park, then out through Anaheim. At some point we get to run through the Angels’ ballpark, and then back into Disney.
MORE IMPORTANTLY! I haven’t gotten to make a fun three hour playlist in a long time. The goal, of course, is to finish the race before I finish the playlist. I thought I’d share it all with you, with a few explanations along the way.
The rules for a good run:
- ALWAYS START WITH A WRESTLER’S ENTRANCE MUSIC. For me, every long run starts with Bonnie Lass of Fyvie, my favorite of Rowdy Roddy Piper’s entrance themes.
- Don’t make it all Jock Jams. Mix up the tempos, the style, the genre.
- Put some stupid stuff in there just to make yourself laugh. Running for more than two hours sucks.
- Try to put your finish line song before the end of your playlist. If you don’t finish when it plays… well, that’s when you add your power songs.
- If Freddie Mercury isn’t in your playlist, you’re doing it wrong.
- If Foxy Shazam isn’t in your playlist, you’re doing life wrong.
- Wish me luck!If you’re on spotify, I think most of the songs on my list are available:(Bonus: since this wasn’t on Spotify, I never miss a chance to share Here Comes Heroes.)